https://kenco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Kenco-Logo-2017-300x138.png 0 0 Kenco Content https://kenco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Kenco-Logo-2017-300x138.png Kenco Content2020-08-24 16:58:502020-08-27 16:21:53What is the DAILY proper maintenance of my Kenco Barrier Lift?
What is the DAILY proper maintenance of my Kenco Barrier Lift?
In order to catch any issue quickly, we recommend doing a quick check on your lifter at the start of each work day it will be used. Perform the following:
- Visually inspect Kenco Barrier Lift for signs of stress and wear.
- Check that bolts and nuts are snug.
- Ensure free movement of all components.
- Ensure that all warning labels are present and readable. (New sticker kits are available for purchase – email@example.com)
- Check that the actuator mounting screws are snug and seated. *top two bolts found on the mounting plate above the actuator
- Lubricate all moving mechanisms with penetrating oil. DO NOT USE GREASE.
- Lubricate actuator with penetrating oil (ex. WD-40). NEVER use anything other than a light penetrating oil on the actuator. Grease will cause the actuator to gum up and will cause it to not operate properly. Grease also attracts ducts and particles which causes the actuator to not move smoothly.
Pads (also at start of the work day)
- Check that all pad mounting bolts and nuts are tight.
- Verify freedom of rotations for the pad angles.
- Ensure that the pad material is sound, and not de-laminated from backing plates.
- Ensure that pad mounting bolt heads are a minimum of 3/32″ below the surface of the pad. *see below
- Ensure pad surfaces are clean and free of any foreign substance or material.